• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mirror lock up demonstrated with a laser

6 posts in this topic

Interesting. The mirror lockup didn't make as much difference as did the remote release.

I don't use a remote, I just use the timer on the camera and set the delay to 10 seconds....long enough for all vibrations to stop after I push the button. I also try to use a little higher of a shutter speed, about 1/125 th of a second to eliminate any other issues still remaining.

I use both all of the above. I use the mirror lockup, you won't notice a difference unless you use extreme zoom. I use the 10 second remote release for shooting pictures of the coin, an IR remote for labels as I have that set for two seconds, don't care if there's a little vibration, but not the main concern. I have 10 seconds set for coin pictures since that gives me time to move the pictures around by hand to get the best lighting.

WJ, I didn't read the article, but the laser in question might be the one that the lens uses for focusing? Just a guess.