• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 Cent Nickel Grade?

12 posts in this topic

Looks like one of those AU 62 coins, looks to have a weak strike. But the toning could be throwing me off. Looks to have thick skin.

On second look , it appears to have rub in the hair, but it could be weak strike, most likely XF45'ish.

Wow, what a wonderful LDS!! It's a solid AU-55 from what I can see, although the reverse might suffer from environmental damage.

This coin's a hands-down keeper!

Technically, I think the coin is unc. just weakly struck. I think this is what the MS60 grade was created for. If that is pitting/corrosion of the reverse, it would concern me though. If it's just dark toning then it should grade.

Wow, what a wonderful LDS!! It's a solid AU-55 from what I can see, although the reverse might suffer from environmental damage.

+1. Agreed!

+1. Agreed!

i concur

I was thinking more along the lines that it wouldnt grade due to enviromental damage on both obverse (in front of the forehead) and across a good sized area of the reverse. Plus it shows weak strike with uneven wear on the reverse smack dab in the middle.

-Chris#2

I'd vote AU.

If it is Unc., it's only worth AU money because of the black spots on the reverse by the first "I" in "III."

It is certainly a decent original coin, but it's not worth doing hand springs over it.