• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you appreciate 55 DDO Lincoln Cents you might dig this...

7 posts in this topic

The Only Known Wheat Proof Mint Error - Double Struck.

It's unique and I placed it in a friends Lincoln collection a couple years ago who had to have it to go with his 55 DDO business strikes.

Enjoy! :)

The following and pics are borrowed from www.MintErrorNews.com

1955 PROOF Lincoln Cent "Wheat Ears"

Double Struck

ANACS PROOF 64 RED

2zoacgg.jpg

All major proof errors are extremely rare. This is a unique and spectacular rarity. It is the only known PROOF double struck Lincoln Cent with the "wheat ears" reverse. Coincidentally it has the magic date of 1955 which is the date of the world famous double die. This piece has a slight rotation between both strikes. It is in gem brilliant proof condition.

j97jlt.jpg

5v3m88.jpg

Oh I dig it.

I've never seen a double struck proof '55 Lincoln before, that's looks eerily similar to the double die business strike counterpart.

Oh I dig it.

I've never seen a double struck proof '55 Lincoln before, that's looks eerily similar to the double die business strike counterpart.

Actually, you've never seen a proof Lincoln that was not double struck. Every proof is double struck to bring up more of the detail.

The big deal on this one was that the strikes weren't aligned properly.

Oh I dig it.

Actually, you've never seen a proof Lincoln that was not double struck. Every proof is double struck to bring up more of the detail.

The big deal on this one was that the strikes weren't aligned properly.

I hope you know what I meant. I am aware that proof coins are double struck.