• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First CAC

17 posts in this topic

My gut reaction is VF-35, but Seated dollars tend to show less proportional detail than smaller denominations, so I'll guess EF-40. The three digs above the eagle's head, and the one off the to the obverse lower left are distracting, but only minimally so.

scarcer date seated dollar and in demand as such as a regular first year date

upper end xf-45+ ......................................................... yes plus

good eye appeal

good original surfaces at least from the photos

i like this coin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause:

Guess the grade (revealed later).

1840_Liberty_Seated_Dollar_1.jpg

There are a few hits here and there, but I love the patina and toning for the grade...

The obverse holds this down to XF45 for me.

Fantastic coin !! I was going to bid on that coin but the price went past

my max price. Nice circulated original Seated Dollars are not easy to come by these days .

Thanks!

I paid a little more than I wanted but I really liked the details and the natural crusty look of this example.

Although I don't like them the hits are not too bothersome and are overshadowed by the other positive attributes of the piece, IMHO.

Thanks!

I paid a little more than I wanted but I really liked the details and the natural crusty look of this example.

Although I don't like them the hits are not too bothersome and are overshadowed by the other positive attributes of the piece, IMHO.

Most circulated Seated Dollars are banged up , those marks are not a problem for me.

Cameron, for the pleasure this coin is going to bring you it was worth every penny!!

Thanks!

Most circulated Seated Dollars are banged up , those marks are not a problem for me.

They are a slight problem for me, but that's coming from the perspective of grading early copper, where such marks would knock off about 5 points. I had guessed EF-40, and would likely have gone to EF-45 without the marks. But when all's said and done, it looks like a rock-solid terrific coin, nicely graded and way nicer than all the scrubbed up examples on the market. It's a keeper!

I agree with the majority--XF 45!

**Edit**-I didn't see that you posted results, so I will go ahead and say the PCGS got it RIGHT this time!!