• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please post a coin, token, or medal with a "censored" on it.

26 posts in this topic

beaver-noletters-transparent.gif

Working on a new animal theme set featuring the furry lil creature above who's name can't be said on a certain coin forum.

Thanks in advance! :)

Isn't that A Beaver . We don't get them in New Zealand .

How many coins have these little rodents on them? I personally have never seen one.

I, on the contrary, see them frequently. They live just across the road from where I live!

(The rodents, not the coins lol .)

The Beaver!

Pidcock-1069-1.jpg

Not a US coin, this farthing (Conder Token) hails from London England circa 1801.

HiHoAudio, That's pretty neat as I've never seen this condor before.

Is it one of the Pidcock expo series tokens?

Thanks for sharing and if it's not asking too much I'd like to see the reverse.

I believe Canada had a beaver on one of their nickels.

On a side note, quite a few years ago, two beavers escaped from the National Zoo. Somehow, they made their way to what is known today as East Potomac Park along the Potomac River. It used to be called Hain's Point, and many decades ago, the Japanese government, in a show of friendship after WWII, gifted many Japanese cherry trees to the US, and they were planted along the perimeter of Hain's Point.

Anyway, the beavers were feasting on the cherry trees, and dozens of them were cut down. They were pretty smart critters because they worked at night when there was nobody around. One was finally trapped, but the other seemed to have slipped away. Apparently, zoo officials were perplexed and wondered how the beaver could have made its way north through the middle of Washington, DC to Rock Creek Park, but they discovered that trees were being cut down in the park.

Chris

I forgot about the *CENSORED* on the Albany. I wonder if we will be able to post pictures of this coin on certain sites? hm

You might be safe with Badger? hm

But I double dog dare you to post Platypus! ;):insane:

BH1888-79.jpg

I think this is a raccoon, but one can never be too safe these days … :fear:

It’s from the 1888 presidential campaign in which Benjamin Harrison lost the popular vote but defeated incumbent Grover Cleveland in the Electoral College.

Glad you posted this thread Broadstruck. I just got my Cook Island Proof Set back from ATS. New stickers are being used.

cook1.jpg

Props to MadMarty for inspiration of the many uses of the Cook Island. I own a proof set, they're pretty cool.]

You might want to add Possum to the list!

William Howard Taft used the opossum as a campaign symbol. I thought I had a piece with the ‘possum on it, but I think I’m confusing it with the Harrison piece.

At any rate, an opossum is a marsupial, not a rodent, but he could be mistaken as a forbidden creature.

I'm trying to remember if I've ever read a post of Bill Jones wherein I didn't learn something. You sir, are just amazing to me!

Broadstruck, It's soooo good to see ya!

Thank you sir! (thumbs u

What did you learn, that an opossum is a marsupial (carries its young in a pouch like a kangaroo) or that the raccoon was from the Harrison and Morton presidential campaign?

I have always wanted a coin with Halibut on it..

Reminds me of someone that has a brainstem like the Halibut has..

P.S if anyone has seen or has a silver coin with a Halibut on it, pm with a price please I am interested. thanks George

http://www.alaska-halibut-fishing-charters.com/JeraldsHalibut.jpg

Thank you sir! (thumbs u

BillJones, Now it's your turn to learn...

As with a username of pakasmommy you might be a bit off with the Sir part! ;):D

Btw nice to you both, johncurlis and pakasmommy :hi:

I have always wanted a coin with Halibut on it..

Reminds me of someone that has a brainstem like the Halibut has..

P.S if anyone has seen or has a silver coin with a Halibut on it, pm with a price please I am interested. thanks George

http://www.alaska-halibut-fishing-charters.com/JeraldsHalibut.jpg

Check the Canadian token book.

TD

A few nice members hit me up with some coins with that nasty slim puss fish the Halibut.. Did you guys know a Halibut can itch his cracker jacks on a coral?

I am going to buy this one. Not meant for spam, but my God you guys.. This made my day.. Here is the link and again thanks for the member that share it with me..

P.S. when it comes to me, I will get a special name put on it and tell many stories on why I love it so much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USS-Halibut-SSGN-587-Submarine-Coin-Jolly-Roger-WWII-/220617437854?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335dd2f29e

The Beaver!

Pidcock-1069-1.jpg

Not a US coin, this farthing (Conder Token) hails from London England circa 1801.

HiHoAudio, That's pretty neat as I've never seen this condor before.

Is it one of the Pidcock expo series tokens?

Thanks for sharing and if it's not asking too much I'd like to see the reverse.

Yes, this is from the Pidcock's Exhibition, and is a D&H Middlesex 1069, listed as scarce. As requested, the reverse...

Pidcock-1069-2.jpg

A lion fondling a dog. :whistle: