• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1941 walking liberty half

11 posts in this topic

It's in the small old ANACS holder, im just curious to see if the grade fits the label. Let me know what you think. Im new and taking pictures of coins and I'm a computer person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point so I hope I captured the details and color good enough to get some grade opinions, Thanks.

IMG_4480.jpgIMG_4393.jpgIMG_4392.jpgIMG_4387.jpgIMG_4383.jpgIMG_4381.jpg

Even with your bad pictures I can tell the tone looks to be very attractive. I think the coin is at MS 63 – MS 65 . I do not think anyone here can accurately take a guess at this coins grade from your pictures.

My grade assessment was just a calculated guess.

AU55-58. Nice color as it appears from your pics.The reverse pic # 4 seems very inconsistent with reverse pic # 1. Overall when comparing the obverse and reverse pictures (field scratch by "n" in united) and wear on right wing, it looks like two different coins.

$ilverHawk

Thanks for the input, the coin does look better in hand, I tried to take some better pictures but this is really the best I have. I will post the grade today after work.

well here it is. This is a very beautiful coin, my pictures do not do it justice and the color is really amazing. I have enjoyed the opinions from all of you, Thanks. I'm not sure its a 66 but thats what I'm sticking with. IMG_4483.jpg

That is a beautiful coin. The coin is in an older ANACS slab – back then they graded on the conservative side . Even so the coin may have received a point bump for the eye appeal.