• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Denver foursome.

5 posts in this topic

At the November 2010 Santa Clara show I was looking for toned 1940-64 Washington quarters in MS65-7. I saw a 1949-D Washington in MS65 and thought it looked nice. After taking it out of the dealer's case I did a double take and my jaw dropped. In the case were 2 1949-D MS66 Roosevelts, one obverse toner, one reverse toner, and two 1949-D MS65FBL Franklins, both obverse toners (all 5 coins were in PCGS plastic). It was obvious that all 5 coins were from the same Mint Set card. The colors for the Franklins for the date/mm were Glorious and the minors sure looked sweet too. Given all the money I had been spending on space memorabilia I couldn't afford to buy all 5 coins, but I picked up IMO the better of the Franklins, both Roosies and the Washington. FWIW IMO the Franklin is not a true 65, but if you know the series you'll realize just how rare the date/mm is with that sort of toning. The Washie and the Roosies were both solid for the grade. BTW, I'm fairly confident I saw the 2nd Washington from the Mint Set card (an obverse toner graded MS66) at the Sacramento ANA this spring. The images were done by Shane Canup and I think he did an excellent job.

sc49DRSobv.jpg

sc49DRSobvrev.jpg

sc49DRSrevobv.jpg

sc49DRSrev.jpg

sc1949DWA.jpg

sc1949DWArev.jpg

sc49DFR.jpg

sc49DFRrev.jpg