• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buy prices increased for Au & Ag at Apmex today.

3 posts in this topic

Just at about their closing time late this afternoon Apmex sent out an email offering to buy Silver American Eagles for $3 over spot, any quantity, any year, and also to buy Gold American Eagles for $38 over spot, any quantity, any year (size not mentioned, but maybe only one ounce). In their email, Apmex did not specify which figure they use to determine spot.

Buy prices for Silver American Eagles at $2.75 over spot were already available from the Tulving Co., who also pays for shipping and insurance (their private insurance), but only for mint-sealed monster boxes of 500 coins. Still, by covering the cost of shipping and insurance, Tulving's offer was already about $3 over spot, and they utilize Kitco's "Ask" price as spot for both selling and buying.

Any member can also sell here on the Money Marketplace. I'm not posting this as encouragement to sell, and I'm holding onto mine for now. I'd only sell if I needed the money quickly for something very important.

Think about this for a second, if they are willing to buy silver and gold from us that badly, then they have much more confidence in their estimates for where the metals market is heading. Let's face it, they are in business to make money, so if they want it that badly, then they must feel the current prices are not due to a "bubble".

-Chris#2