• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GREAT DEAL posted by sethwells

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Nice upgrade at a very nice price

Today must be my lucky day because I just got a great deal on a nice upgrade to my 1950-1998 Proof Washington set. This coin has a FMV of $1400 which I think is a little high. I am that type of collector that tries to get the very best deal I can. Every once in awhile I see a coin that I really want so I might bid a little more than I usually would to obtain it. Tonight's auction was one of those types. The coin in question is a 1955 25C NGC PF68UC and I put a high bid of $625 so with teletrade's fees and shipping it would have came to no more than $730. At $730 I would feel comfortable owning this coin and feel I might be able to make my money back if I would have to sell it in the future.

I sat watching the auction for 5 minutes and it was just sitting at $120 for what seemed like minutes and then BAM it jumps to 150 then 180 then 200. What usually happens to me is I get outbid in the last 10 seconds of the auction or the seller outbids me and it goes unsold, NOT tonight I ended up getting this fine piece for $240 so with fees and shipping all said $286.

I wish this type of thing would happen to me more often as I am a sucker for a great deal.

Now I have a 1955 25C PF68CAMEO for sale in my "Lesser coins that are for sale" set. Anyone who is interested in any coin in that set let me know.

Good luck to all who are trying hard to complete or compete in any set.

8711.jpg

See more journals by sethwells