• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2010 silver eagle ER label clarification please

7 posts in this topic

In effort to submit our silver eagle proof coins unopened from us mint we have seen three ER re-sale options. blue label, black label and 25 year blue label. question how do we request or define specific label on NGC submission form? Help?

I'm not real sure to be honest. But my advice would be to submit this question in the "ask NGC" section of the forum. I'm sure they will answer you with the best possible answer.

-Chris#2

In effort to submit our silver eagle proof coins unopened from us mint we have seen three ER re-sale options. blue label, black label and 25 year blue label. question how do we request or define specific label on NGC submission form? Help?

To be eligible for the "Early Releases" the coins must have been submitted within the first 30 days of the Mint release date. The ER provenance does not add anything to the significance or value of the coin. It's a marketing gimmick used by sellers like Coin Vault. You're wasting your money buying these.

The 20th Anniversary black label is provided only for those 3-coin sets that are still in the original, unopened shipping box from the Mint's Distribution Center. The reason for this is because two of the coins, the regular proof and the burnished uncirculated with the West Point mintmark were also sold separately, so NGC had no way to confirm that those two coins were actually issued as part of the 20th Anniversary Sets or if they were swapped out for better specimens.

I'm not sure if there are any requirements for the 25th Anniversary provenance.

Chris

I am not 100% sure but I believe the blue and brown labels are for individual submitters and the red, black, or blue are for dealers who can get discounts for mass submissions.

Anyways...like stated previously..."Early Release" is just a gimmick/marketing ploy used by NGG. It costs a few dollars more to get the labels but means nothing about the coin. The US Mint doesn't release anything earlier that the date specified on the their web site.

I am not 100% sure but I believe the blue and brown labels are for individual submitters and the red, black, or blue are for dealers who can get discounts for mass submissions.

Anyways...like stated previously..."Early Release" is just a gimmick/marketing ploy used by NGG. It costs a few dollars more to get the labels but means nothing about the coin. The US Mint doesn't release anything earlier that the date specified on the their web site.

Early Releases was originally called First Strikes, but NGC discontinued using the term when a lawsuit was filed in Florida. Even still, this "gimmick" was not something conceived by NGC. It was companies like Coin Vault and/or QVC who pressed for this. If these companies want to pay for the special insert, why shouldn't NGC be allowed to profit from it?

Chris