• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1955-D 10C NGC labeled as 53-D? Is there a market?

7 posts in this topic

It wouldn't be worth a premium to me, but you might find a slab collector who might be willing to pay a small premium. Don't give into the hype that you see on eBay; some sellers price their coins at ridiculous prices. These are not indicative of the market on these. The only mechanical errors on slab labels that I have seen sell for significant amounts of money are for condition rarities where the date or striking method alone makes a huge amount of difference. For instance, I once saw a 1957 PR68 Lincoln Cent in an MS68 NGC holder on eBay that sold for a couple of grand. This is more the result of a collector playing the "registry" game. Your coin is a common date, mint mark, and abundant in that grade; the end result is no premium.

When you sign up for one of the 'big three' TPGs there's a disclaimer in their agreement that says something like: If, when you receive your coins, you discover a labeling error, you need to return it within 10 days for correction.