• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bought my first "dozen"... posted by MAILMAN

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Eisenhowers'...But a little rant first.

It seems like everything that comes out of the mint at the present time needs some type of 'special label', comes in a 'limited quanity', or just costs too d*mn much money. Look at the ATB frisbees coming out again. Funny how the mint didn't have any silver back when it was $20 an ounce, they will probaly sell 50 million ASE this year now that its $40+. So I decided to slowly sell my "extra" coins that are not in a slab. So far I have sold enough that I bought one dozen Eisenhowers' today. Gonna see how far up the registry I can get. In MS65 I got a 1971_P, 1972 Type 1, 1972 Type 3,1974-p and a 1976 Type 1. In MS66 I got a 1971-D, 1972-D, 1974-D, 1976-D Type 2, 1977-P and a 1978-D, and in MS68 I got a 1972-S Silver. I guess maybe I'm getting older or don't have the time to keep track of all the new stuff. Well sorry for the little rant, but it felt good, have fun in your collecting adventures and have a GREAT EASTER..

See more journals by MAILMAN

Mailman, You have some good coins there. I started my set in December. Haven't added to it this year but for a short order set with some silver in it, it is a good pick for me. Most of the common coins today are thrown together and sold to us by the mint like they are doing us a favor and they won't even grade a 69 at that. I am better off going back in the days and purchasing something worth a grade.

IKES---I LIKE EM