• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how can i differentiate the Scratch-Resistant Holders from normal holders?

2 posts in this topic

How can i differentiate between Scratch-Resistant Holder and normal holder?

Since they look like the same.

And when i use the world submission coupons. It should be "world standard", is that the holder return is Scratch-Resistant Holder?

Thanks

• Administrator

Thank you for your question.

At NGC our encapsulation department can tell the difference between the scratch resistant and regular holders simply by the feel. The scratch-resistant holders have a more slick feel. They handle thousands of these holders, and it may be difficult for most people to tell the difference.

Permanent marker (such as a Sharpie) does not stick to a scratch-resistant holder -- it will bead up when you try to write on the plastic. You may not want to try this on your holders, but if you do I would suggest that you have a tissue nearby to wipe off the permanent marker immediately or it could stain the plastic (especially on the regular holders).

If you submit your coins under World Standard they will be returned in a scratch-resistant holder.