• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tidy House Morgan

12 posts in this topic

Not as crisp as I had hoped but got it cheap so still happy. What would you grade it. Last time I posted one of these there were grades all over the map due to the toning. Let's see what ya think this time.

2011-04-201751421.jpg

2011-04-201752051.jpg

Click for some poor quality video from my phone...it shows some of the luster but mostly is out of focus.

th_video-2011-04-21-13-05-03.jpg

th_video-2011-04-21-13-05-38.jpg

MS60-61 very weak strike particularly the Obverse hairline. This date and mint mark is known for weak central area strikes. On the Reverse, very weakly struck arrow heads, breast feathers and lower wreath.

I like the toning. Very original skin Morgan.

$ilverHawk

Thanks for your input, I had it at about MS62 myself. I am a sucker for Tidy House morgans that have great toning. I am not good at detecting AT vs NT so I am pretty confident when I buy these.

My cost for this plus the 2 1964 kennedy's was $75 and with melt being around $69 for the 3 coins I am pretty happy. The kennedy's have some cool toning as well.