• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Care to guess the grades on these 4 submissions. **Grades Revealed**

20 posts in this topic

Not quite as comfortable grading non Morgans but wanted to pass along thoughts of your post. Of the group, that 42 Walker is a looker. She is head of the class. The Boone is clean and sharp. The 21 Peace Dollar looks slightly circulated to me.

A great group to post. Everytime you guys post those impressive Walkers, I feel I missed the boat. They just may be my #1.

Chet

They all look pretty nice, and I have to agree with Chet. That Walker sure is a looker! Good luck with the submission, and please let us know the results.

Chris

Here are the grades.

1 1 19646420 6614 1942 50C US MS64+

2 1 19646421 4708 1891-S 10C US MS64+

3 1 19646422 9258 1935 50C Boone US MS64

4 1 19646423 7356 1921 $1 Peace US MS63

I think everybody is shocked at that grade on the Walker. Send her in to CAC!!!

It's about what I guessed. I'm much more surprised by the MS-63 on the 1921 Peace dollar! Has PCGS loosened up their grading on them??

James, what are you seeing on the Peace that would lead you to a 61 grade? I see a weak strike, but that's pretty normal for these. The surfaces look very clean, the luster looks a bit dull. Given all that - I came to a 63 grade.

James, what are you seeing on the Peace that would lead you to a 61 grade? I see a weak strike, but that's pretty normal for these. The surfaces look very clean, the luster looks a bit dull. Given all that - I came to a 63 grade.

Given the high relief nature of the 1921 Peace Dollar, I would imagine that a sharply struck example would be worth a premium. Were you downgrading it because of strike to MS61?