• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saying goodbye. Post a/some coin(s) you've sold in the last year.

14 posts in this topic

Pretty simple instructions, post a coin (or more) that you've sold in the last year that you liked, but it was time to move on into other things. If you would like, talk about or include a picture of a new coin that you bought with the cash you freed up from selling the old coin(s).

Here are some Battle Creek Morgans I sold. All 4 are MS63*. I ended up buying an 1893 PR65UCAM Barber dime with the proceeds (and a PR63 Barber dime I traded in). I don't have a picture of the new Barber yet.

194_63_345BL.jpg

194_63_345.jpg

1187_63_575_900.jpg

282Shane2_63_173.jpg

278_63_207.jpg

This was a great originally toned, above average strike and most importantly VERY clean 1920 philly Walker. I loved the nice golden-copper tone on the front and the good strike and CLEAN surfaces but the reverse had toning that looked a little dingey or dirty. I just couldn't get past that. I picked it up cheap and made about 75 bucks on it in less than a week.

1920philly64me-1-1.jpg

1920philly64merev-1.jpg

You can't tell by the photos but obverse was mostly brilliant and had a nice copper tone. The reverse was what I didn't like. Looked dirty. It was in a PCGS MS 64 slab. If the rev. had looked like the obv., I would have kept it for sure. Overall a very nice coin but not right for me.

I have just realised that I have not sold a single coin this year!!

This is very OT but how much would a signed Gemini mission photo with Grissom, White and Armstrong included be worth?

I sold this Lincoln to Charmy last week. It's a PCGS 67RB, pop 1/0. I had it a few years but The Penny Lady needed it more than I do.

Glen H. bought this CBH. It's a favorite because the overdate is so clear and crisp. I didn't need it for my AU date set but I miss it anyway.

Lance.

1956PCGS67RBobv.jpg1956PCGS67RBrev1.jpg

1817-3CBHPCGSVF30obv.jpg1817-3CBHPCGSVF30rev.jpg

Some great looking material guys! :applause:

I have NO sellers remorse. I had around 30ish Battle Creek coins and I'd like to get down to 20ish. I've still got some more if people are interested. Space memorabilia is sucking up my money big time, as is the occasional higher value coin.

...This is very OT but how much would a signed Gemini mission photo with Grissom, White and Armstrong included be worth?

I got an email from Bob earlier today about that. I'm assuming you saw this on the Pawn Shop stars show? Anyhow here is my answer to Bob...

"The $2,000 is clearly lowball. The issue for the owner, assuming he had the brains to figure it out, was whether he could have gotten more money from an auction house for the pic. Far and away the most valuable signature would have been Armstrong's, followed at quite a distance by Grissom and then White. The others would have added value but maybe $75 - $125 a signature. The Armstrong one alone is worth $1,500 - $2,500. Another thing is whether there is an inscription on the picture. If there is an inscription to someone well known in the program, let's say Gene Kranz, then that adds a fair amount of value. If the inscription is to some unknown person, let's say "Ma Hergelschlesser", then that would detract value. A nice program specific grouping of astronauts, such as theoretically the picture you are talking about, will also add value. I have seen pictures of many Gemini era astronauts grouped around a Gemini capsule going for (with commission) about $4,500 or pre-commission $3,725. Given that commission works both ways, e.g. auction houses will also clip the sellers of anywhere up to 15%, that means the seller would net about $3,150."

I see a lot of nice looking coins in this thread. Do any of you guys have sellers remorse?

No buyer's remorse. I only sell to make money or to upgrade. Usually, the latter.

OP, there is something about that "pitiful" coin that really appeals to me. I can understand why you miss it.

Skyman, thanks for the answer. There is a thread in the water cooler about the Pawn stars episode and there are some wild claims about it being worth $20,000-$40,000.