• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a few great finds posted by utah_ranch

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Franklin type 1 and AH kennedy's

Last week I was looking through ebay auctions and Bib and won on some very nice type coins, The 1st was a lot of 5 sealed 1964 proof sets. Usually I dont buy the so called sealed sets because in the past, I have found that the silver coins are mostly tarnished.

But this fellow clamed his were all original. They arrived today and, YES, I opened all 5 proof sets, FOUND, 4 of the 5 had NICE AH kennedy's and one deep cameo quarter.

The next purchase was for a lot of 1958 to 1962 MINT sets, these were opened sets. Looking at the 59 P mint set, I found the type 1 reverse, proof die franklin with full bell lines, and the type B reverse quarter.

A good days mail.

My thoughts are that the economy is bringing out old sets that have been in closet boxes for years and these are showing up on ebay. Its a chore searching and the rewards can be nice.

See more journals by utah_ranch

You're probably right about that, tough times and high bullion prices are definately going to

cause some movement from the closet to the marketplace.