• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1895-O $1, 1895-S $1, 1893-CC $1, LOW GRADES

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

didn't post here for AGES but i still come and lurk from time to time :cool:

i did less coin shows and coin dealers and more pawn shops, flea markets and ebay lately.

wanted to share my latest ebay catch with you, and see if i can get an idea of a possible grade and see if i got my dollar's worth.

so i bought these 3 Morgan dollars from the same seller on ebay, the 3 of them ended with maybe a minute between them so didn't have much time to appreciate the coins before buying but i think i did good. have never seen these key dates sell at a price like this.

i'm only gonna post pics of the one i really liked, but i'll add links to the 3 auction pages at the bottom of this message (with pics). how do you think these grade? obviously won't send them over to NGC but would like to have an idea, especially bout the 95-S

thank you!

so here it is:

ayo.jpg

and the rev:

aya.jpg

i know these priced at somewhere around $425-$465 at VG on greysheet. if thats not at least a VG i don't know what IS.

check the auction page to see pics, and how much i paid :headbang:

1895-S AUCTION

1895-O AUCTION

1893-CC AUCTION

Once I owned similar grade 1895 S. It was VF30. Sold it on eBay for $200. I think yours 95s will make only details grade, because it's bended by the date, but still nice date to have in any grade!

Hey all,

didn't post here for AGES but i still come and lurk from time to time :cool:

i did less coin shows and coin dealers and more pawn shops, flea markets and ebay lately.

wanted to share my latest ebay catch with you, and see if i can get an idea of a possible grade and see if i got my dollar's worth.

so i bought these 3 Morgan dollars from the same seller on ebay, the 3 of them ended with maybe a minute between them so didn't have much time to appreciate the coins before buying but i think i did good. have never seen these key dates sell at a price like this.

i'm only gonna post pics of the one i really liked, but i'll add links to the 3 auction pages at the bottom of this message (with pics). how do you think these grade? obviously won't send them over to NGC but would like to have an idea, especially bout the 95-S

thank you!

so here it is:

ayo.jpg

and the rev:

aya.jpg

i know these priced at somewhere around $425-$465 at VG on greysheet. if thats not at least a VG i don't know what IS.

check the auction page to see pics, and how much i paid :headbang:

1895-S AUCTION

1895-O AUCTION

1893-CC AUCTION

welcome to the boards and please dont kill the messenger as i want to give you my honest opinion and remember everyone has an opinion on other collectors coins

1895-s now i cant evaulate or grade coins by photos as in hand is hard enough but i think on this coin and remember i cant see the edges of the coin which is the third and also a really important part of the coin the rim disturbance next to the 1 in the date is worrysome i think you paid retail for the 1895-s morgan when you net grade the coin with the rim bump and also a coin that i think would be hard to sell to a discriminating end user advanced collector for his date set of morgans as these collectoes usually dont like problem coins

1895-o morgan dollar--now i cant evaulate or grade coins by photos as in hand is hard enough but i think on this coin and remember i cant see the edges of the coin which is the third and also a really important part of the coin i think you paid retail for this coin weather it is high or low retail i dont know but i think you paid retail for this coin this coin might ?/ turn out to be your best deal of the three

1893-cc ---now i cant evaulate or grade coins by photos as in hand is hard enough but i think on this coin and remember i cant see the edges of the coin which is the third and also a really important part of the coin i think there are a few minor to one major rim disturbances on this coin both sides the major one is on the obverse of the coin under the 3 in the date and i think again-- the rim disturbance under the 3 in the date is worrysome i think you paid retail+ for the 93-cc morgan when you net grade the coin with the rim bump and also a coin that i think would be hard to sell to a discriminating end user advanced collector for his date set of morgans as these collectors usually dont like problem coins

again my opinion and i could be totally wrong as i am not an advanced collector just my honest opinions based on your photos in hand sight seen might be different