• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1886 O Morgan

10 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum Edward. If you can enlarge your pics to about 800px it would be easier to see the coin. A little small to get a good view of it.

Difficult to tell by these photo's. From what is seen, marks are minimal on both the device and fields. Many times, the main issue with an "O" mint mark is in the strike (and luster). I know many of us have seen the "flat hair", very rounded date, minimal breast feathers plus a host of others.

Without more detailed photo's, one would assume this to be a standard to weak strike that has minimal marks. WIth that, I would say MS63. With as clean as she looks, a stronger strike would boost her a grade. 65's are elusive with the "O" mint mark.. And welcome to the friendly side of the street.

Chet

Yea I'm with Irvin this coin. I don't think these are known for weak strikes and are very hard to come by in high grade MS. I'm actually gonna go with about AU50 on this from the pics.

Nice luster. It has that eye appeal, although it's pretty worn, but I don't see any distracting bag marks or dings. "Since it was worn with grace, AU58....sssss"