• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you rather....

5 posts in this topic

Lets say you found out after buying a coin that you overpaid alittle for it. The question is... Would you rather overpay for a junk grade or a nice grade coin? You must pick one. just for the sake of the debate...

My Pick goes for overpaying on a nice coin... 10 years from now you will still have a nice coin where as 10 years from now you could still have a junk coin...

Well, there are a lot of variables at play here, for instance, what do you consider "junk"? Is that like paying too much for a VG 36 Buffalo nickel? That's really not a lot of money is it? What about the rarity of the coin doesn't that also play a role? Should I be upset if I paid too much for my AU-55 25-S Saint? For some, that might be a "junk" grade, and I'd probably agree if the coin was a 25-P. Or what if the coin is really nice for the grade? Should I care if I paid too much for my AU-58 13-D Saint (that's a pretty common coin) even though it looks nicer than many MS coins I've seen? There are a lot of ways to think about this question, so to make a purely binary decision on such a topic can really be misleading. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif