• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huge number of MS+ Mexico 1754 eight reales

2 posts in this topic

To my knowledge, yes it is a hoard but I have never heard of anyone marketing it. The current census pop has been over 300 for at least several years. I believe it must have been discovered in 2007 because a dealer who specializes in Latin America coinage mentioned one had been discovered in Colombia, though he did not say what it included.

In addition to the 1754 Mexico, there are also several other dates that have unusually large numbers in MS. These include the 1755 and 1756 Peru 8R, both of which have over 30.

Most of the Mexico 1754 8R I have seen are not particularly attractive, though I have not handled one in person. My guess is that this is probably because they must have been conserved before they were graded. All those I have seen are bright white or close to it, which I do not consider particularly attractive for this issue.