• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice Package in the mail yesterday posted by MatthewMetcalfe

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

320 Loose German Coins!

I had a nice little package waiting on my when I got home yesterday. In order to expand the collection significantly I thought I would pick up a coin lot instead of just single coins. I knew they wouldn't all be gems and that some would be really bad.

I purchased a lot of 320 German coins from the Empire through the Third Reich. All are small denomination coins with no silver in them (so far). The coins range from garbage (bent, corroded, etc) to worn out (no dates or mint marks visible) to pretty good (detail but still circulated). Those are my grading terms :).

It was a good way to fill out a lot of the smaller denomination coin slots in the collection. Coins that are interesting to look at but that I probably wouldn't buy certified for any reason. I particularly like the art deco look of the Weimar Republic coins.

Once I finish going through these I'll be on the hunt for another lot!

See more journals by MatthewMetcalfe

Wow, that sounds like old-school collecting, just getting your hands in big pile of grubby coins and attributing. Sounds like a blast. Let us know if any hidden gems appear.