• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bought my girl a Peace dollar in trade...

11 posts in this topic

...for her letting me pull her tooth at the coin store! laugh.gif

She patiently sat waiting for me, all the while playing with a loose tooth. When i was purchasing my coins, she had me look at the tooth. It was quite loose and the dealer told her he'd buy it for a dollar if she let me pull it right then and there! She thought about it but with hands over mouth, refused. shocked.gif So, I upped the ante and told her I'd buy her her first silver dollar if she'd let me! With a tad of reluctance, she lowered her hands, opened her mouth, I reached in and PRESTO! out came the tooth! Blood everywhere! 893whatthe.gif And 8 bucks later she had a nice looking VF Peace dollar! cool.gif She's been happy with the entire event all day. When she asked me why she scored so good with the dollar, I simply said, "That's one thing a dad only gets to do once in a lifetime!" cloud9.gif

Hoot

Hey, hoot! How old is this little numismatist? Shoulda told her that the tooth fairy sometimes leaves silver dollars under the pillow for good little girls who loose their teeth! Er...second thought, how many teeth do you loose during childhood anyway? Could get expensive! blush.gif

David;)

It's a good thing you live in the land of the Big Sky, because in some states you could get arrested for pulling a stunt like that! 893whatthe.gif Either way, it's a nice story and an experience she will likely treasure whenever she looks at that coin. I remember as a little kid, I would get Ike dollars from the tooth fairy whenever I lost a tooth.

Hoot,

Aren’t little girls great? I have two, the first is 18 and the second is almost 8. Watching them grow up has given me some of the best memories and experiences of my life.

That moment the two of you shared pulling her tooth in the coin shop is worth far more than the eight dollars you spent on that peace dollar, in fact it’s priceless!

But than, I’m sure you already know that!

John

I would get Ike dollars from the tooth fairy whenever I lost a tooth.

Jeff,

If my parents had given me an Ike dollar whenever I lost a tooth, I would have crazy glued them back in before they found out I had lost them! foreheadslap.gif

John

I would get Ike dollars from the tooth fairy whenever I lost a tooth.

Jeff,

If my parents had given me an Ike dollar whenever I lost a tooth, I would have crazy glued them back in before they found out I had lost them! foreheadslap.gif

John

But John, you have to remember, back then it wasn't important that it was an Ike (they were still pumping them out by the millions) but that it was a dollar! Back then things were still cheap. They still had penny candy, candy bars were 20c, a box of Lemonheads was 10c and a bottle of grape Nehi was 35c, so that dollar went a long way towards the next tooth coming out! popcorn.gif

I was Just kidding Jeff! wink.gif

I was a kid once too, and also remember how far a dollar went. Back than I wouldn’t have cared if the tooth fairy left me Sacagawea's! grin.gif

John

My little "numismatist" is a budding 12 years, or nearly so! She's just nuts about coins - well, maybe not nuts! laugh.gif Although she thinks I'm nuts. 27_laughing.gif (Her most famous numismatic expression was, "Gosh dad, when you've seen one buffalo nickel, haven't you seen 'em all? 893whatthe.gif) It was a moment to long remember! Thanks for the replies. smile.gif

Hoot

My little "numismatist" is a budding 12 years, or nearly so! She's just nuts about coins - well, maybe not nuts! laugh.gif Although she thinks I'm nuts. 27_laughing.gif (Her most famous numismatic expression was, "Gosh dad, when you've seen one buffalo nickel, haven't you seen 'em all? 893whatthe.gif) It was a moment to long remember! Thanks for the replies. smile.gif

Hoot

That statment mentioned is a classic....