• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1946-S/S Walker posted by CBC

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Highest (only) graded example by NGC

I bought a 1946-S Walker through a Heritage auction as a MS-66. THe auction photos looked like a S/S, even though it was not labeled as such. I sent it to NGC for Variety review. The NGC Census says it's now the only MS-66 VP-001 certified by NGC; in fact, the only one in any grade. This probably won't last long but it's nice to have the only one, even for a little while.

My original photo clearly shows the S/S but it's over the 75kb file size limit for journal postings. If you can't see it clearly in this photo, the more detailed photo is in my set listing.

Only 14 more Walker varieties to go!

8596.jpg

See more journals by CBC

I was quite surprised that no other examples of this variety have been certified. It's certainly not a rare variety (maybe in MS-66, but not in other grades). Looking through auction archives on the Heritage website, they have sold several that weren't identified on the slab. That's why I say it won't be long before there are more - now that NGC has this in a Registry set, soon enough people will start to submit them.