• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTG , Photo comments, and is the doubling on this IHC common?

11 posts in this topic

Greetings all. Here's a three part guess the grade. First off, take a stab at the grade of this proof 1885 indian head cent.

Secondly, is the doubling on the obverse anything special or common for the date. The letters "UNITED STATES OF AMER are doubled but the ICA and date show no signs of doubling

and last but not least, the photos taken are with my new camera and lens (whaddya think? :) )

1885ihcobv.jpg

1885ihcrev.jpg

doublinginunited.jpg

doublinginstates.jpg

doublinginofamer.jpg

1885date.jpg

PR 65 BN maybe 66 – Fantastic pictures you got there from that new camera . What lens did you buy ??

Thanks Mark. I was going to include a "please go easy on me" disclaimer since these were the first photos I've posted with the new camera. I settled on the Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro lens. I was really considering the 'L' series macro, but it costs an extra $500-$600. I figured I could pick up a pretty sweet coin with that kind of dough.

absolutely stunning specimen! You should get a Job with NGC's photography dept!

WOW!!! Thank you for the very generous compliment. :blush: I think I'll keep my day job for now lol

Thanks to everyone for your kind words, information & guesses. The coin sits in an old fatty NGC holder and accurately graded as a PF66 BN. When held at the right angle, purples & blues dominate nearly the entire obverse. I've owned this coin for a few years and this was the first graded proof IHC that I ever picked up. I like it a lot :)

008-horz-3.jpg