• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1957 Jefferson Nickel

3 posts in this topic

I have a 1957 PR 68 CAM Jefferson Nickel in a PCGS holder. I believe it is a candidate for conservation. I'm mainly concerned with the rverese of the coin. What is done to Proof Jefferson Nickels to improve them? Can NCS improve this coin? I do want to put it in an NGC holder if no loss in grade and designation is possible. Thanks

1957JeffObvLgjpg.jpg

1957JeffRevLgjpg.jpg

This is one coin that would have to be evaluated in hand to determine what might be done to improve it. I can not determine from this image what the issue is exactly so I can not say what can be done. I can, however, say there is nothing we would be able to do through professional conservation about some of the hairline scratches that appear on both sides. If the conservation work would be seen an not a benefit, you would receive the coin back in the PCGS holder.

Chris, NCS

Thanks for the reply Chris. I'll probably send it in and let you guy's evaluate the coin for me.

Lee