• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New here AND ATBs now on sale from Jack Hunt

21 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I've been here stalking for the past several weeks. Made my first submission to NGC (unfortunately my first Fidelitrade Pucks came back less than perfect). In case anyone here is still interested in trying to buy a set, Jack Hunt just began offering this morning. I believe the site is www.jackhuntatb.com.

I'd like to thank everyone here for the wealth of knowledge I've already received. Hopefully I can contribute. For those who are NOT fans of the ATB 5 oz'ers, please don't flame me on my first post :-)

Mark

Welcome to the neighborhood, Mark!

Nope! I won't single you out just because you bought the hockey pucks. I don't care for any of the stuff the Mint puts out these days.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Hopefully your answer's still the same when I admit that I just sent in a money order for another set (and I'll probably buy them from the mint if they ever figure out when they're going to offer them). The way I'm figuring it today, they're just a bit of a premium over silver melt right now. And, the mintages seem low enough for an odd piece.....they may be worth having in the future.

Hell, my kids are going to end up with all of this stuff anyway......someday it will all be their "problem".

welcome aboard

I checked out the site and it is very confusing

are they asking for 860.00 per 5 ounce medallion

or are they saying 1 set = 25 ounces for 860.00

My next issue is they only take money orders no credit cards no debit cards

no paypal

this policy is something of a red flag in any transaction

my third issue is this whole post might belong on the market place thread

but I dont know

thanks for sharing

Thanks Chris. Hopefully your answer's still the same when I admit that I just sent in a money order for another set (and I'll probably buy them from the mint if they ever figure out when they're going to offer them). The way I'm figuring it today, they're just a bit of a premium over silver melt right now. And, the mintages seem low enough for an odd piece.....they may be worth having in the future.

Hell, my kids are going to end up with all of this stuff anyway......someday it will all be their "problem".

Mark, who am I to say how you should spend the allowance given to you by your wife?

Chris

MH:

It's for a set of 5....then, they're tacking on a hefty shipping charge.

I hear ya on the money order.....sounds kinda fishy to me; however, they've got a lot more to lose (in terms of market feedback) that I really don't believe they'd want to mess-up orders or take folks' money without delivering.

Mark

p.s. - If this should be elsewhere, I apologize......

WTTB :hi: Have fun and don't worry about what coins you like, just post away and we will enjoy them.

Welcome to this friendly board. We appreciate those who post, no matter what the variety. You will find some very informative folks here.But you might watchout for that Chris guy and James @ (EarlyUS), Better not forget Shane, Schatzy, Toner Guy, Physics,and Walker Fan just to name a few. You might just be entering a Black Hole!! They suck you in and won't let you out!! Welcome aboard.

Chet

Welcome to this friendly board. We appreciate those who post, no matter what the variety. You will find some very informative folks here.But you might watchout for that Chris guy and James @ (EarlyUS), Better not forget Shane, Schatzy, Toner Guy, Physics,and Walker Fan just to name a few. You might just be entering a Black Hole!! They suck you in and won't let you out!! Welcome aboard.

Chet

Chet, despite having never met Mark in person, I seriously doubt that he would fit into any straw.

Chris

Many thanks for the welcoming messages. I feel like I ought to post a list of all the mistakes I've made since I started collecting this past year. Well, that's not entirely true - I've been buying mint products for several years (eg. the 2009 Ultra High Relief Gold; in for grading now, Gold Buffalos, etc.). However, once I decided I'd start to spend some real money this year, I think I've made almost every mistake mentioned on these boards. I imagine I've got some collections of coins (particularly Morgans) that I hope are worth serious dollars that, in reality, are probably worth slight more than melt.

I'm going to resist such a post as it would be just too embarassing.....anyway, thanks again for the welcome and the knowledge.

Mark

Morgans. Now your talkin. Any GSA's? Several here would be glad to put on our "Vam View Finder" for any CC's.

Chet

Hey Chet. Yes, many Morgans. I have 4 or 5 GSAs, I think I may have 3 in for grading now. I have a "set" of CCs in Capital Plastic. Further to my "mistakes" message earlier, I'm sure they're not worth what I paid. If I can figure out how, I'll post a pic. I think there are limits to file size (am I right?) and when I tried to upload an avatar, it rejected it. So, any hints are appreciated. For my first NGC grading experience, I sent my ATB pucks in. I don't have them in-hand, but here are my rather lousy grades:

001 2010 5oz SILVER HOT SPRINGS 25C MS 65

002 2010 5oz SILVER YOSEMITE 25C MS 63

003 2010 5oz SILVER YELLOWSTONE 25C MS 64

004 2010 5oz SILVER GRAND CANYON 25C MS 64

005 2010 5oz SILVER MOUNT HOOD 25C MS 67

Here's to hoping the next set grades a bit better. The above were from Fidelitrade.

Just trying to see if I can figure out how to post pics.... These are bad, but I'm practicing on individual coins and am getting better. I'll post more if folks are interested or when I think there is something interesting to show or ask about. Thanks.

Sorry - just don't get it yet.

Hey Chet. Yes, many Morgans. I have 4 or 5 GSAs, I think I may have 3 in for grading now. I have a "set" of CCs in Capital Plastic. Further to my "mistakes" message earlier, I'm sure they're not worth what I paid. If I can figure out how, I'll post a pic. I think there are limits to file size (am I right?) and when I tried to upload an avatar, it rejected it. So, any hints are appreciated. For my first NGC grading experience, I sent my ATB pucks in. I don't have them in-hand, but here are my rather lousy grades:

001 2010 5oz SILVER HOT SPRINGS 25C MS 65

002 2010 5oz SILVER YOSEMITE 25C MS 63

003 2010 5oz SILVER YELLOWSTONE 25C MS 64

004 2010 5oz SILVER GRAND CANYON 25C MS 64

005 2010 5oz SILVER MOUNT HOOD 25C MS 67

Here's to hoping the next set grades a bit better. The above were from Fidelitrade.

Mark,

One thing you should keep in mind is that there probably are companies giving these a quick scan to see if there are any high grades they can submit themselves for bigger bucks upon resale. It may only be the "bottom of the barrel" that they are selling raw.

By the way, nobody is going to laugh at you for making mistakes with your purchases. We've all made boners from time to time. By all means, you should post photos of them, either here or in "Spare a grade". This way you can benefit from what others are seeing.

Chris

You need to downsize your photo's to about 640 x 640 for them to be accepted. I use Dell Picture Studio and "resize" from say 1mb photo to 640 x 640. It goes to my documents (or pictures). From there, open a new topic on the boards (full screen), scroll to file manager and browse your computer files, find the photo a viola, attached it to your post.. Good luck.

Chet