• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interview with Numismatic photographer, Todd Pollock of BluCC Photos

8 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting this. It was very interesting to read.

Naturally, my photographic skills $uck "BIG TIME", but I'm too old to let it get me down.

Chris

Great interview and very timley as I have just started to dabble in coin photography. Oh and the coins you showed were not bad too!!

Not only is Todd a superb photographer but he's actually a very likable guy. Never a bad word to say about anyone. No big ego. No attitude. Just genuine warmth.

Drop by his table and he'll talk with you like you're a celebrity he's honored to meet.

Great interview! Success couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Lance.

What I would give to have a week taking images side by side with Todd. He could probably help me with that 5 to 10% that I am missing. And yes like Lance says, Todd is a great guy, I really enjoy talking to him at shows. Problem is though, when you talk to him, you are taking away from his buisness of shooting at shows so I never stick around long enough to ask him the hundred questions about photography that I would love to ask.

I'm very glad to happened to have used Todd's photographic skills, and while my coins that he photographed were not world reknown, they were special to me. He spent as much effort with my coins as with other more valuable as the photos looked great.

Thank you, Todd. And thank you lipride for providing the link to the very good read.

Jim

I remember asking Todd about polishing slabs before shooting pix. I go to great lengths to remove unsightly scratches before taking images.

Todd said it was too time consuming for him too, until he stumbled on a simple, quick solution. It was such a good idea I promised to keep his secret. And to this day I've never heard of anyone else using his method.

Lance.