• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Talk about a nice coin in change.....

11 posts in this topic

I was searching through our shops cash box... and out came this beauty.... Now If I could only capture how great it really looks .... Anyhow....

442398-MVC-527F.JPG Take a look...

442398-MVC-527F.JPG.8becafc1c7d49e509ad72097ae21eab5.JPG

also pulled a 1960 D Small Date.. XF to AU.... 1968 MS.... and a 1982... Seems to be missing some plating... take a look at it....

442406-MVC-530F.JPG

442406-MVC-530F.JPG.7831def6308165651c91fce6707cac90.JPG

hey for a penny I would have bought either of those coins at a shop.... love to pull things out of change.. Still some stuff to be found...

There are still fun things waiting to be found! Last week, I was at my local bank, and I have a good relationship with the tellers, and one saved three nice 1971-D Ikes for me. Later I came in after telling one teller that I wanted an old-style $100 bill to save, and she said she had one, and promptly pulled out a crisp new series 1990 bill for me to add to my collection! 893applaud-thumb.gif

cool... I have a new one put away from the first series... 96? 98? whenever it was I put one away... A few years back I bought a 1934 Series 20 off a guy for 20 bucks.. the grade is ok... but not crisp

A few months ago, my friend's mom got a series 1934 $50 bill in change, so I bought that one from her for $50. I like the old notes that at least reference they are redeemable in "lawful money" as it shows the history of our currency from an asset backed system to the pure fiat system of today.

more lighting work done.. I think this picture really brings out the color really well for being indoors.... From the looks of it .. seems like a roll that was done in the early 80's was busted open into our cash box.. Many 70's and 60's in good grades.. I am guess this would be the end roll toning...

442587-MVC-538F.JPG

442587-MVC-538F.JPG.99a138bea8b29ef2885a2aabee5306ad.JPG

That cent has colors remniscent of a coin that was washed with a load of laundry. That might be how it got that way... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

PS: Remniscent is for Hoot! insane.gif

That cent has colors remniscent of a coin that was washed with a load of laundry. That might be how it got that way... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

PS: Remniscent is for Hoot! insane.gif

Makes cents to me! smile.gif

Hoot