• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's Do Some Copper For the Weekend

44 posts in this topic

1850's Montroville W. Dickeson Re-Strike Breen-1381, 1 of possibly 6 known.

BroadstruckNGCMS63BN.jpg

As the story goes Dickeson obtained a pair of dies created by early mint employee Adam Eckfeldt. Those dies were never used for coinage or pattern purposes, and were assuredly sold as scrap metal by the Mint. Dickeson apparently believed the die was connected with the 1792 Getz or Birch cents. Dickeson thereby had a reverse die made which read "TRIAL PIECE/DESIGNED FOR/UNITED STATES/CENT./1792." and struck his tokens. The dies where actually not for the 1792 Cent as Dickeson believed but embossing dies for stamping revenue paper in 1816.

Wow, what is the story of not keeping such stunning lincolns leeg and robec? Do tell 'cause they seem to be serious keepers.......

Lee, that is a spectacular 1917.

In my case, I'm more into BN. I had to do some soul searching, but I ended up making a deal with another MPL collector that included switching 1910s. Ultimately my former 1910, with a Stewart Blay pedigree, is part of the Jonathan Watkins set.

This was the coin I received in the deal.

1910PR66BNCompSm-1.jpg

Here is a nice CWT. Tilted toward the light to capture the color of the toning, so pardon the slight focus issue.

You guys are making collecting lincolns very tempting...... Thanks!

Best, HT

1863207409aNGCMS65.jpg

HT, very pretty. I like that one a lot.

I have only a few HT and CW tokens. I'm a little scared of getting sucked in!

Wonderful 1913, Bob. Someday I'd like to see it in person. I've lusted for that one before.

Since we're dancing around a little here's a 1912 I've posted before and a VDB I've had a long time.

Lance.

1912PCGS66RDobv.jpg1912PCGS66RDrev.jpg

057d2184.jpg6efcd206.jpg

Two beautiful images of two gorgeous Lincoln's. You have some incredibly nice coins.

When I took the picture of the 1913 it was owned by Curly, from ATS. Like my former 1910, it is also part of Jonathan Watkins' set. Also part of that set is the now famous PR67+RB 1909 VDB, which was formerly an NGC PF68RB.