• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conservation and Grading

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a complete classic silver commem set that was improperly stored. I've sent in several to NCS/NGC and am happy with the results. I'd like the remaining 100 or so to be conserved and graded but its difficult to justify the cost given some of their values.

My first question is is there any advantage (like a quantity discount) to submitting them all together rather than a few here and there?

And the more difficult question is how do people weigh the cost/value problem of particular coins in a set when they really want the whole set conserved and graded but the lesser valued pieces could likely not be worth it?

thx

We generally do not offer any kind of discount rate on conservation of coins. Value is quite often enhanced by having a coin coinserved and certified. Because of that increase in value and saleability, it can make sense to have a coin graded that has perhaps a more marginal value.

Chris, NCS