• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A beautiful lady

2 posts in this topic

Great mail day!

So the "bargain" that I hinted at last week came in the mail today. I upgraded my 2009-D Satin Finish Native American Dollar! Yes, I know this is a modern coin, but this baby is hard to find. Between NGC and PCGS, there have been 1,162 of these coins graded. A mere 35 have been graded SP69, with none finer. There have been none available on Teletrade, and there are currently no others available on eBay.

From about the same number of 2009-P Satin examples graded (1,261 between NGC and PCGS) a total of 74 have made the SP69 grade, with none finer. The P-mint coin *IS* available on eBay, but at *CRIMINAL* prices -- the lowest price currently is $633.

While not impossibly rare, for the time being this coin is hard to find and I am happy to add an example in this stellar grade to my set for a non-criminal price of less than $60!!!

Happy Monday to all!

8493.jpg

See more journals by brg5658

I love the fact they are using the reverse of the Sacagawea Dollar for new

American Indian themes each year. I wish they had never started the

Presidential Dollar series. It goes totally against George Washington's

desire to de-imperialize the Presidency.