• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The crown of my Canadian dollar collection

11 posts in this topic

This is the most expensive silver dollar in my collection. I propped up my Dansco album on the washroom counter and took the following photos with my Canon Rebel XTi with 28-135mm IS lens. Next time I'll put a neutral pad down to cover the reflective white counter (it washed out the area around the date).

1948170-1.jpg

19481rev70.jpg

It may seem strange, but my favorite coin from that set was one of the less expensive ones (the 1936).

Yes, that is the same design as the issues from South Africa and Australia. I like it much better than the modified design from places such as New Zealand and Southern Rhodesia or the "bare head' from the UK. I consider it one of the most attractive designs of any 20th century coinage.

This is the most expensive silver dollar in my collection. I propped up my Dansco album on the washroom counter and took the following photos with my Canon Rebel XTi with 28-135mm IS lens. Next time I'll put a neutral pad down to cover the reflective white counter (it washed out the area around the date).

1948170-1.jpg

19481rev70.jpg

It may seem strange, but my favorite coin from that set was one of the less expensive ones (the 1936).

That's an unbelievable '48. Specimen?

1948170-1.jpg

19481rev70.jpg

That's an unbelievable '48. Specimen?

I highly doubt it. The chrome-plated dies used to strike the 1945 and later dollars gave most mirrored surfaces and a "prooflike" finish (not to be confused with later "proof-like" coins struck for collectors).