• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Come on NGC, is this the best ... Part 2 posted by Best2u

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Still not happy about that rattle but...

A reminder of part 1, coin came back slanted in holder with a little rattle to it. See past journal. After thinking about it for a day I knew NGC wouldn't put the token in crooked and desided it most have turned due to the looseness of the token in the slab, the rattle. I started tapping the bottom right corner of the slab on a table and after about a thousand taps, okay, maybe a hundred, I noticed that it had move a bit, not much, but some. I got me a cup of coffee, put on a little SuperTramp, Breakfast in America, and started tapping away. Somewhere around "Take the Long Way Home" and a couple of thousand taps I noticed that I had turned the come a bit to far. I flip it over to the other corner and started tapping again. Somewhere around the middle of "Just Another Nervous Wreck", wich I was, I had the token perfectly centered. Sorry to NGC for going off on a little rant in my past journal. Now I just have to get rid of that rattle.

8483.JPG

See more journals by Best2u

I find it amazing they gave you a four line description for your coin, and I cannot buy a third to describe mine. I am glad you resolved their sloppy encapsulation process tough.

I have a few rattlers too, but my collection is for sale. I have lost interest almost completely.

I find it amazing they gave you a four line description for your coin, and I cannot buy a third to describe mine. I am glad you resolved their sloppy encapsulation process tough.

I have a few rattlers too, but my collection is for sale. I have lost interest almost completely.

Every one of the 42 - ANA Convention medals that I submitted at FUN 2011 has 4 lines......Date & Type on Line 1, Convention Location on Line 2, Grade on Line 3 and Set # & Name of (Private) Mint on Line 4.

Chris

I remember starting a post about this over that the PCGS forums, about coins being off centered in the holder and boy did I get flamed. "This is not worth a post" and "why do you care so much" type of responses. Personally, I can't stand when a coin is off center. It's like looking at a crooked picture on the wall. If it's not a must have coin, I won't buy it if it's not sitting at 12&6 in the holder. I guess it's about quantity, not quality.

"I remember starting a post about this over that the PCGS forums, about coins being off centered in the holder and boy did I get flamed. "This is not worth a post" and "why do you care so much" type of responses. Personally, I can't stand when a coin is off center. It's like looking at a crooked picture on the wall. If it's not a must have coin, I won't buy it if it's not sitting at 12&6 in the holder. I guess it's about quantity, not quality"

I completely agree with you MA, it drives me crazy when coins in my Dansco albums

are a little off, and that's my fault. I would expect near perfection from NGC or PCGS.

Happy Collecting Everyone,

Beaw