• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1913 Type 1 Buffalo Nickel

2 posts in this topic

Even nicer than I thought!

I've been looking for a nice example of the Type 1 1913 Nickel for a couple months. I passed up several on Teletrade because they were either out of my price range or I just didn't like the way they looked (I wanted a full-struck date, especially the leading "1"). I found one last week well within my price range, and still graded at PCGS MS65. Upon requesting some clearer and close-up pictures, I decided to pull the trigger. It came today, and it's beautiful by all measures. I added a picture below.

On a different note, I got a great deal on a very scarce modern coin last night. I'm going to keep the details hush until I have it in hand, but I wanted to express a bit of my excitement here. Let's hope it isn't too good to be true, but it did ship today! Should be here next week! It will be a nice addition to one of my more competitive sets.

I love this hobby!

Happy collecting all!

8475.jpg

See more journals by brg5658

Very Nice purchase. just goes to show that patience, especially in our hobby, is often rewarded with gems.

Happy Collecting