• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Civil War Tokens anyone?

5 posts in this topic

I'm not even sure I'm posting this in the right place but is anyone familiar with Civil War tokens? I picked up one that either has Washington or Jackson on the Obverse (First in War, First in Peace) and on the reverse it states "The Union Must & Shall Be Preserved. Jackson".

I checked current and completed ebay auctions but could not find the exact token. I checked a few token sites and it appears to be a 174/219 token... although another site said it could be listed as a 178-179/219-228 or 178->179/400->405.

Anyone have any information on the token? a good site for research? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

goose3 has been posting some tastey pics in the Coin Tangents forum on the topic. It's unfair, I tell you, unfair. 893frustrated.gif

Hoot

I don't know a whole lot about them.

Maybe go to Rick Snow's Site and check out "Bret's Page" and compare yours to some of the ones on his "PATRIOTICS" page. he has A TON of them and chances are probably one like yours or VERy similar!

You guys are great! Nice leads! I checked and found my token on the site although mine is not worth too much, I think I found a new collection to aim for.

Dave