• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Postman always rings twice (or three times?)

1 post in this topic

Tag, you're it!

After playing a game of cat-and-mouse with the postman for the past 3 days, I finally received my Buffalo Nickel. As many of you know, Teletrade purchases are delivered with signature confirmation. While I really appreciate this peace of mind, sometimes it is difficult to get your items.

Where I live, most people work from 730 to 530, or some similar work schedule. The post office is opened from 830 to 530. So the game goes: (1) the postman drops off a slip saying my package has arrived but requires a signature; (2) I rush to the post-office and hope to make it there before 530 on that day, but usually fail; (3) I return that little devilish card *signed* to my mailbox; (4) Day 2: the mailman/woman picks up the card from my mail box; (5) Day 3: finally receive your package.

This isn't particularly painful, but it's just a little song-and-dance you get used to. BUT, the fruits of your labor are what really count.

Below is my most recent "pas-de-deux" postal acquisition:

8458.jpg

See more journals by brg5658