• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Strategic Blunder by Beaw

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Or how I lost out on a good deal by failing to launch.

I had a hundred dollars burning a hole in my pocket so I navigated over to Ebay and decided to pick up a Washington Carver half for my registry set. I spotted a 53-S, NGC MS65, W/C with about 10 minutes to go and a very low bid in comparison to its value. I decided to wait it out and see if I could grab it for 45.00 or so.

The clocked ticked down to 10 seconds, I hit SEND on my 45.00 bid and VOILA, I had forgotten to actually log into my account. Suffice it to say, in the remaining seconds, my bid never went through and some happy sould picked it up for about 37.00 including postage.

RaTS another lesson learned. I guess I should use one of those sniping tools but I find the idea a little distasteful so there I sit with my sweaty finger ever poised. Oh well, I am currently watching a MS64 that will hopefully also go for a low bid (vice listed value).

Happy Collecting Everyone.

Beaw

8451.jpg

See more journals by Beaw