• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone post a pic of a 1970 Kennedy Half Dollar.

11 posts in this topic

Can someone post a pic of a 1970D Kennedy Half Dollar Reed edge please.. My 1970D is not weighing correct and the reed edge looks funny.. thanks George..

How much does yours weigh? You do realize that the 65-70 Kennedys are supposed to weigh 11.50 gms as opposed to the 12.50 gms for the 1964 and 11.34 gms for 1971 to present, don't you?

Chris

Thanks Irvin for the photo. I might have something special here. I know my 1970 weighs 12.5gms and the reed is full of bright silver with no traces of copper, sounds like a complete silver coin, also when toned/sound with other ms 1964 kens it sounds the same.. So maybe, I said maybe, I might have a 1970 d 90% Silver Ken half dollar from a D mint.

I took it out of a Mint set that was sealed in mint plastic along with the quarter/dime/nickel/penny, so it wasn't tampered with.

Has any other 1970d Ken halves been found with 90% Silver? thanks. I will post a photo in a day or so. George.

...i've only heard of 40% silver halfs for 1970 at 11.5 grams of weight. but

anything can happen i guess. hm

I agree! Anything is possible. Doesn't NGC have some kind of diagnostic service to determine the composition, now?

Chris

Lee, as always I thank you for your expert opinion... Now I just need to find out why this 1970d weighs 12.5grams.. :)