• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Excellent Book in the "Official Red Book" Series by Beaw

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A Guide Book of Peace Dollars

This wonderful book by Roger Burdette with Barry Lovvorn is more history than price guide. Those of you who know 3-Part Renaissance of American Coinage series will recognize Mr. Brudette's name and will appreciate the depth of research he puts into his works.

Since the Peace Dollar series is relatively short, Mr. Burdette is able to devote much more of the book, than usual, to the history of the coin and the wonderful story of its sculptor, Mr. Anthony De Francisci and the timeframe during which he designed the Peace Dollar. A portion of the book is even devoted to beautiful picture of World War 1 recruiting/propaganda posters.

We see many of Mr. De Francisci's other works, including a Jefferson Nickel design, and we hear about his contemporaries, and even some speculation on the actual model for the Liberty.

Finally, we even have a chapter devoted to the 1964-D Peace Dollar. What a treasure, I could not put it down. Buy or borrow a copy, you will find it thoroughly enjoyable.

Happy Collecting,

Beaw

8438.jpg

See more journals by Beaw

I heartily agree with Beaw. I've had this book for about 6 months or so, and the chapters dealing with the design of the coin and De Francisci are well worth the price. While I am not doing a registry set of Peace dollars, I do have some raw, and this book has really helped me search for raw coins.

Bammer