• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry "AU+" Points

4 posts in this topic

Can you explain what coin grades qualify for the registry points in the category of AU+? I have a number of coins in registry sets which are graded AU 53/ 55/ 58, and every coin has a point rating which corresponds to the AU ranking.

If AU 53 thru 58 coins don't qualify for AU+ points, what are the appropriate qualifications?

Thanks for your kind response.

• Administrator

Stem,

A coin with a plus grade would receive the extra points listed under AU+. So an AU 58+ would receive additional points. All other AU coins receive the same score, but we are looking into changing that so coins with different numeric grades within the AU category would receive different points (as we currently do with Mint State coins).

Thank you for your question.

Thank you for considering this. Many people on this registry have classic coins which are various grades of AU that, in some cases, cost many hundreds of dollars for a higher AU grade (i.e. AU50 vs. AU58). I have asked for you to change this as have many others, to have you consider changing this scoring during the 9 years that I have been a member here. I am glad that you are finally considering doing so.