• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

German Collection

1 post in this topic

So Many varieties...

I've been filling in some of the gaps on my Half Mark collection while trying to expand into the other areas of German Coins. I knew it was a big field to work in due to the number of mintages and the long history but I really had no idea how big, or expensive.

I recently picked up the Standard Catalog of German Coins 1501-Present. It is at least as big as the standard catalog of World Coins from 1901-2000.

What an incredible variety of coins to peruse. Some of the more recent coins can cost several hundred a piece but then a coin from the 1600's may only set you back about a hundred. I get the feeling that after a couple of decades trying to build a German Collection I will still only have scratched the surface. I guess that means I won't run out of good specimens!

See more journals by MatthewMetcalfe