• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone seen my coin!!!

7 posts in this topic

Her everyone

I have this 1921 P Morgan error coin and can't find another one to compare it to.

If anyone has any thoughts as to how, or can I can get this coin attributed please let me know.

I am new to this form and to coins, and am really enjoying it.

Great place to meet nice people who know so much more than I do about

the subject

Thanks

Alan

coin17-Copy.jpg

photo2.jpg

coin172-4-1-1.jpg

Alan, you posted this coin on your other thread, and I gave you the info on how to submit this for attribution. Leroy Van Allen is the person you must contact for all new VAM discoveries.

Chris

Alan, you posted this coin on your other thread, and I gave you the info on how to submit this for attribution. Leroy Van Allen is the person you must contact for all new VAM discoveries.

Chris

I had seen this thread in the ask NGC Forum Chris. I pm'd him and told him he may have better luck with it posting in this forum. Max told him, it may be a grease filled die. (shrug)

Chris

I had seen this thread in the ask NGC Forum Chris. I pm'd him and told him he may have better luck with it posting in this forum. Max told him, it may be a grease filled die. (shrug)

I believe that it is a grease-filled die, and there are only a few listed for the 1921, but all of those are missing just one letter. In this case, it is missing "e Trust". To me, that's quite significant.

Alan's other option would be to submit it to ANACS for grading since they attribute all VAM's, but they would still have to submit it to Leroy since it is probably a new VAM. The only reason I suggested that he submit it direct to Leroy is that it's condition may not warrant encapsulation and it would save him that money.

Chris

you can send it to LVA and he is the only person to assign NEW VAMS

AS STATED EARLIER

there are several attibution companies to attribute it if it is existing VAM