• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FInally finished my UK Penny Type Set

6 posts in this topic

It's taken a long time but I finally got the last piece, still a few I may be able to upgrade in the future but I'm pretty happy with the set. This 1860 Beaded Border took forever to find, this is raw from a UK auction, now it will be off to NGC with a package of coins next week.

1860GBBEADEDBORDERPENNYBOTHSMALL.jpg

Very nice! I'm still working on my shilling type set, but haven't been making much progress lately, between other sets and now working on a down payment for a house.

Completing any set is an accomplishment to be proud of!

Congratulations on completing that set! That particular coin is a real beauty. I absolutely love the woody tone on the obverse. Very Nice, and thanks for sharing the pics.

Jim

Thanks guys, this opne has been a labor of love (I love those big old coppers/Bronzes). Most of the coins in the set are actually very common in 63-64, tougher in 66, and really hard in 66. The only coin in the set I would really consider scarce is the 1860 Beaded Border, this one will be the second one graded at NGC.