• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATS...ugh

42 posts in this topic

Fine, maybe it was a little over the top. Sorry.

But think about it like this. If you went and complained to the manager of the Food Lion because they didn't treat you right at the Piggly Wiggly, what do you think they would say? They would say, that's too bad, we're glad you are at our store. Don't go back over there. Not much they can do about it.

And its the same here. The problem is, its not just an occasional post. There are a couple every week. Ok, they are crazy over there. We get it already. I don't need to hear about every new Draconian rule they implement over there. I just really don't care.

I'll take that apology. But I will add that your analogy is incorrect.

It's not like people are going to the manager of Food Lion to complain about the Pig. I didn't PM Arch to complain about Don. This is more akin to people complaining about the Pig to their friends at Food Lion, who are fellow shoppers, and who often visit both places.

If the management at the Pig is giving their customers a bad 'shopping experience', then there is nothing wrong with those customers going across the street and saying to their friends, "Hey, Maude! Can you believe how rude that Pig manager was to me? Boy, I like it over here at FL better! Their management is so much more friendly."

And even better, these forums come with...wait for it...THREAD TITLES. I wasn't standing by the canned chicken shouting, "Oh, I'm mad about Piggly Wiggly!" I was standing quietly by the tomatoes, holding a sign saying, "Ask me about my opinion of the Pig." It's hardly fair to ask me about my opinion (click the thread) and then start screaming at me because you didn't want to talk about my opinion of the Pig.

If you don't want to read about ATS issues, then you don't have to click on the thread; nobody's forcing you to. At most, when I'm here, I see around a dozen active threads per forum. That's hardly so many that the occasional ATS post is overwhelming the coin content. And the argument could also be made that discussing the ATS forum management is related tangentally to coins, as (like it or not) they're the biggest, most active coin forum out there.

:whistle:

:hi:Hey Winston, long time no see, welcome back. (thumbs u

Thanks Irvin. I needed to take a break...and maybe people needed a break from me lol . I'll be better now though. I'm a kinder, less confrontational man now. My wife is 37 weeks pregnant with our first. Thinking about having a daughter is giving me a new perspective on life...

I apologize to all for my previously brash style in a few of the threads I participated in...

Wooo-Hooo!!! Way to go, Winston!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: You may or may not recall that I have two little girls and they are the best! :grin:

As do I :cloud9:

:whistle:

:hi:Hey Winston, long time no see, welcome back. (thumbs u

Thanks Irvin. I needed to take a break...and maybe people needed a break from me lol . I'll be better now though. I'm a kinder, less confrontational man now. My wife is 37 weeks pregnant with our first. Thinking about having a daughter is giving me a new perspective on life...

I apologize to all for my previously brash style in a few of the threads I participated in...

Wooo-Hooo!!! Way to go, Winston!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: You may or may not recall that I have two little girls and they are the best! :grin:

As do I :cloud9:

Congratulations to you both. Thank heaven for little girls. :whee:

2011babygiftcoinset.jpg

I would just like to say thank you very much for posting that coin set.

My wife's sister just had a baby 3 days ago and I just purchased the set!!

I was thinking of the perfect coin gift and I simiply refused to purchase the

us mint proof set(s).

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Really, Michael? I yell incessantly at the newbies who come over here and post about ATS, but they don't really know any better. You who are a regular here should be more in tune.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FORUMS ATS AND DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU ^%$# ABOUT IT. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T POST THERE.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, DON'T POST ABOUT IT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, that was necessary, apparently.

(thumbs u :applause: (thumbs u :applause: (thumbs u :applause:

Congratulations Winston, on your impending new daughter. I also have two girls that are now grown and one has two of my grandsons of her own. Thirty-seven weeks, Wow!

Thinking about having a daughter is giving me a new perspective on life...

It better! Just wait until she wants to start dating or using the family car to go out with the girls (manhunt) and think of all those fashionable clothes and shoes that she will just have to have at the moment.

If that doesn't give you gray hair, nothing will!

Chris

Thanks Chris. I'm just trying to take it day by day. Thinking about all of the things that may happen in the future is just too overwhelming for me...

I hope you realize that I was just having a little fun with you.

When my daughter was born in 1989, I was in the delivery room. Once the nurse had bundled Ashley up, she let me hold her. She opened hers eyes for a very brief moment and looked at me, then went back to sleep.

Chris

Thanks OT3!

I did realize Chris but there is also some truth to the fact that I am going to have to change some. It will all be change for the better and I think I've already begun to make some important changes.

That was a sweet story. I can't wait for my daughter to be born so I can lay eyes on her for the first time...