• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATS...ugh

42 posts in this topic

They're so freaking heavy-handed over there with the moderation. Now I'm told that I may only have one line for my signature. More than one line, they'll ban me. Of course, they're happy to refer me to their advertising department.

I don't know why so many people put up with that . I don't know why I put up with that . It's much nicer over here.

sigbart.jpg

Really, Michael? I yell incessantly at the newbies who come over here and post about ATS, but they don't really know any better. You who are a regular here should be more in tune.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FORUMS ATS AND DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU ^%$# ABOUT IT. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T POST THERE.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, DON'T POST ABOUT IT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, that was necessary, apparently.

Really, Michael? I yell incessantly at the newbies who come over here and post about ATS, but they don't really know any better. You who are a regular here should be more in tune.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FORUMS ATS AND DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU ^%$# ABOUT IT. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T POST THERE.

Spazz much? That was rather rude. I'm not supposed to post about something because you don't like it? I don't follow every single thread over here, and I've never happened upon your thread policing before. Honestly, I thought you were cooler than the above post suggests.

I indulged in a little off-topic gripe, get over it.

Personally, seeing an occasional post regarding something ATS doesn't bother me. But I have a question: how often do the good folks ATS post about something regarding the NGC boards :whee: ?

It's forbidden from what I hear.

Yea, one of their rules says they can ban you if you mention their competition.

The best thing about ATS is that it is very active, and you get a lot of responses very quickly. The worst part is the list of rules and the threats. They have always been uptight about their competition, and they seem to thing that censoring or threatening actions against those who mention other grading services makes them stronger. I think that it makes them look weaker.

It seems to me that anyone has a right to post about anything they want on these boards, unless it gets way too abrasive and Arch has to shut it down. That is called freedom, it is what our country is supposed to be about. In fact, posting about ATS and their gestapo tactics, is good because then we know we have the freedom over here that NGC provides. You Mr. Physics have every right to not read posts about ATS if you don't want to, that is the freedom you live under.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ABOUT ATS HERE, YOU ARE WELCOME TO DO SO AND IT IS YOUR RIGHT

I'm in agreement with most. I think those who enlighten some of the folks here of the strict rules of engagement ATS will only keep increasing our side with more knowledgeable folks. I venture ats occasionally but prefer this side better. Btw, I had to change my sig line over there also. I had even gotten a PM from Don saying One Line. Oh well.

In the 5th grade we had a substitute teacher, Mrs. Voleski, she was a pointer sister...one of them long rubber tipped wooden pointers that hung on a hook by the side of the black board. She believed in corporal punishment and with any infraction of her rules, she would calmly walk over and pull that pointer off the wall. Everybody would freeze in their seats until she stood before the goof off. She would then make the offending student grab the edge on the front of the desk with both hands ~WHACK~ right across the knuckles.

It only took a few clowns in class for her to get her point across, get it, so I think in some cases it has it's merits. Kids that were forever raising their hands to go to the bathroom held it til recess,

By today's standards, Mrs. Voleski would have been incarcerated in the state prison system.

I haven't ventured ATS for a long time, but I think I can understand the point Jason is trying to make. For me, there is another forum where I stopped participating because they were always putting down one particular grading service. It got really bad because some of the members who had absolutely no dealings whatsoever with this grading service started to badmouth them, too. It really gets tiring after a while.

We always hear about far more bad things that go on ATS, and it is unfortunate that it often overshadows the good things that are often discussed. Yes, we should be thankful that we have many more freedoms, here, but I don't feel the necessity of putting down the opposition to bolster those freedoms. With that said, I do think Jason could have been a little more diplomatic in his response, but no one ever accused him of being a politician.

Chris

I have to agree with others Jason.....seems like just becuase you don't like post about ATS doesn't mean the rest of us have a problem with it. Personally I post both places and I see negative comments about ATS on both sides of the street and that is to be expected but it's nothing to get upset about? Just ignore the thread especially when it's titled ATS...you know what your getting into when you open the thread and that's not the thread starters problem.

When I see threads about Chris I just walk away :devil:

:whistle:

:hi:Hey Winston, long time no see, welcome back. (thumbs u

Thanks Irvin. I needed to take a break...and maybe people needed a break from me lol . I'll be better now though. I'm a kinder, less confrontational man now. My wife is 37 weeks pregnant with our first. Thinking about having a daughter is giving me a new perspective on life...

I apologize to all for my previously brash style in a few of the threads I participated in...

I have to agree with others Jason.....seems like just becuase you don't like post about ATS doesn't mean the rest of us have a problem with it. Personally I post both places and I see negative comments about ATS on both sides of the street and that is to be expected but it's nothing to get upset about? Just ignore the thread especially when it's titled ATS...you know what your getting into when you open the thread and that's not the thread starters problem.

When I see threads about Chris I just walk away :devil:

As long as they are the ones on police station blotters, I don't mind.

Chris

Thinking about having a daughter is giving me a new perspective on life...

It better! Just wait until she wants to start dating or using the family car to go out with the girls (manhunt) and think of all those fashionable clothes and shoes that she will just have to have at the moment.

If that doesn't give you gray hair, nothing will!

Chris :foryou:

Yeah, Jason, this time I believe too much caffeine made you write that post. Lighten up just a little, please. Love your posts and your help with the reference articles, but this time just a little over the top.

Hang in there, its Friday.

Jim

Fine, maybe it was a little over the top. Sorry.

But think about it like this. If you went and complained to the manager of the Food Lion because they didn't treat you right at the Piggly Wiggly, what do you think they would say? They would say, that's too bad, we're glad you are at our store. Don't go back over there. Not much they can do about it.

And its the same here. The problem is, its not just an occasional post. There are a couple every week. Ok, they are crazy over there. We get it already. I don't need to hear about every new Draconian rule they implement over there. I just really don't care.

:whistle:

:hi:Hey Winston, long time no see, welcome back. (thumbs u

Thanks Irvin. I needed to take a break...and maybe people needed a break from me lol . I'll be better now though. I'm a kinder, less confrontational man now. My wife is 37 weeks pregnant with our first. Thinking about having a daughter is giving me a new perspective on life...

I apologize to all for my previously brash style in a few of the threads I participated in...

Wooo-Hooo!!! Way to go, Winston!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: You may or may not recall that I have two little girls and they are the best! :grin:

Fine, maybe it was a little over the top. Sorry.

But think about it like this. If you went and complained to the manager of the Food Lion because they didn't treat you right at the Piggly Wiggly, what do you think they would say? They would say, that's too bad, we're glad you are at our store. Don't go back over there. Not much they can do about it.

And its the same here. The problem is, its not just an occasional post. There are a couple every week. Ok, they are crazy over there. We get it already. I don't need to hear about every new Draconian rule they implement over there. I just really don't care.

Agreed Jason but there are a couple things to consider. First off, these are probably the top 2 forums. Wouldn't surprise me if half our members are members ATS. Topics are gonna come from both sides. It ain't no different than, consideration # 2. NGC & PCGS are the top 2 TPG's. We talk about both slabs here wether positive or negative. The advantage to the NGC forum is that we are able to without retaliation!! (thumbs u

I challenge anybody defending the OP to write the same thing over there and see what kind of reaction you get BEFORE being punted by the powers that be.

Let me give you a little visual aid....

<a  href=1n4m511z0dd7mndv4acv.jpg' alt='1n4m511z0

I don't need to hear about every new Draconian rule they implement over there. I just really don't care.

Agreed Jason but there are a couple things to consider. First off, these are probably the top 2 forums. Wouldn't surprise me if half our members are members ATS. Topics are gonna come from both sides. It ain't no different than, consideration # 2. NGC & PCGS are the top 2 TPG's. We talk about both slabs here wether positive or negative. The advantage to the NGC forum is that we are able to without retaliation!! (thumbs u

I am fully aware that plenty of members frequent both forums. That's fine, and when there is something enlightening, educational, interesting, or useful, absolutely post them in both places!

And I'm perfectly happy talking about PCGS slabs, or PCGS grading compared to NGC, or relative values they get, or any other topics like that. But I couldn't care less about their forum. That's why I post here.

NGC offers a feature that kills sig lines. I use it.

PCGS should offer the same service.

Now, as they don't, the OP's sigline was too much and was distracting.

There are also too many agendas and rules over at PCGS so really, both side of the argument are correct.

A one line signature is probably a good thing, much space is wasted and it is equal for all.

The censoring only proves paranoia.

One thing to remember is the ATS post are search-able on the internet.

A topic on the ATS automatically gains a web page of its own... search-able on your browser.

Here is a post that was deleted .. Still on the net but with all comments deleted..If one (that is not a collector) was doing a search on buying this publicly traded stock, might it tip the scale on buying, if not deleted?

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=798306&STARTPAGE=19