• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Census on Binion Coins ?

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there is a census report just on the Binion Hoard ?

I got into a discussion with an Ebay seller today and he was quoting from a NGC Census report about the number of * coins NGC has graded from the Binion Hoard. I didnt see the current census being broken down into pedigrees.

Any help would be appreciated....

I believe NGC graded about 100,000 of these bad boys , however I dont know the breakdown or percentages of peace dollars to morgan dollars

this might be a good question for ASK NGC FORUM since it was their deal

Mitch

Does anyone know if there is a census report just on the Binion Hoard ?

I got into a discussion with an Ebay seller today and he was quoting from a NGC Census report about the number of * coins NGC has graded from the Binion Hoard. I didnt see the current census being broken down into pedigrees.

Any help would be appreciated....

Great question, and I'd be interested in the answer as well. I have cataloged quite a few Binion coins, and usually, they are not all that attractive, both technically and aesthetically. It would seem the "star" population should be pretty low.

no real progress yet for the coins

trying to figure it out but the regular every day pics are awesome

going over the manual in pieces

did you see those pics on the photo contest thread???

that was cool I dont know how those guys do that but it is probably a realllllly

expensive stereo microscope

any it is the best camera I have ever had

on a side note I notice in one article I got that the morgan to peace ratio was about 50-50 not sure how accurate it is

Here is NGC's answer....

Dear TonerGuy,

Thank you for your question. NGC used to list Binion coins in separate lines in the Census, but this was discontinued about six months ago. The populations were merged into the regular non-pedigreed coins. The last NGC Census to include Binion coins as separate entries was released on June 30, 2010.

So does anyone have a printed census prior to June 30, 2010 ?

I keep to the subject of what is the OP for collectors seeking knowledge.

Adding information such as the number slabbed from this particular Binion series.

I thought this was a interesting coin to post on the subject and new collectors might see what an RPM is at the same time..

Feel free to post your Binion coins. Here is another. I dressed it up a bit...

DSCN0122-1.jpg