• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin List Spreadsheet

3 posts in this topic

I've been putting together a spreadsheet to organize my collection. Currently its probably pretty rough and I would like some input as to what I might add, or get rid of. I don't have anything older than 1900 so thats where I started. Please PM me for a copy, as I can't attach it to here.

Thanks for checking it out and if you find it useful feel free to donate junk silver! :grin:

Ducksoup

I've been using a custom made spreadsheet that I built in Excel for over fifteen years. It is great to be able to add or delete whatever columns of information that I want. What information are you storing within your spreadsheet?

Currently the spreadsheet contains coins from 1900-2011 with each denomination represented (up to $1.. no $5 coins as I'm not that rich yet lol) I have the mintmarks for each denomination along with a column for silver. I'm trying to put general information in with each type of coin (barber, liberty, franklin etc) of years minted, weight, content. Also for each type I've darkened the field for the rarer coins or ones that are sought after by collectors (not near finished with this yet).. ie my dad is looking for a 1931-S wheat penny so that's in there along with an average of prices for it. Also I have totals at the bottom of each so I can see what I have, as well as a total face value calculation (probably totally worthless but fun for me). I have a couple buttons added which link useful sites (walker liberty WYNTK post and a silver melt value page) and hope to add more as I come across them.