• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Order

4 posts in this topic

I'm new to posting in the forum so please ignore any mistakes.

How do I get my coins that I have placed in collection maneger to appear in order from half cent, large cents, cents, two cents up to double eagles. In both the collection maneger and the reports.

Hello! Your not alone. I've asked that question a few times and finally got an answer. A NGC rep. told me that in a custom or competitive set they will look out of order to you but will be in order in the public view.

I asked again that I wasn't talking about those type of sets. I like you are talking about our main list of "All Coins -List" . Am I right about what your asking? If you get an answer send me a PM and I'll do the same for you. I had my coins pretty much in order but when I logged out and Logged back in later in the day I noticed my list started with 1C then 10C, 25C, 2c, 50C back to colonials etc.

I can't find a way to move them around. What I gonna do is start over, enter my coins in the ALL SET LIST then use the Custom set option to not only break the coins into denominations (1C, 2c, 3C etc.) but because in the custon set you are able to change the slot number. Do you understand what I mean? I think if I remember correctly NGC said it's a glitch that they are working on, but it's been at least a week and everytime I check my Main "ALL COINS LIST" it keeps changing. I'll ask again and I'll send you a PM if get an answer and you do the same thing.

Frustrated in CT. :(

Sal

• Administrator

Hello!

There a couple of ways to sort your collection.

When you make a custom set, you can sort those coins for public display of the custom set by clicking the pencil icon next to the set and editing from there.

In the collection manager, however, the sorting is a little different. This is primarily because coins could actually be in multiple custom sets, and sorted in different way in each set.

So the collection manager follows its own sort rules.

All you need to do to sort in the collection manager is to click on the column heading that you want to sort by. Clicking more than once will flip flop between sorting in ascending or descending order.

If you want to sort by a different column of info than what is currently showing, you can use "customize columns" to drag a new column from the list into the header bar and then sort on that.

In the collection manager, Which column do I use to sort my collection half cents, large cents, small cents, two cents, three cents, five cents, ten cents, up to double eagles. I have tried each column but can't get the results I want. I is always out of order.