• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC"s thoughts on cleaning a scratched Slap

5 posts in this topic

I just recently purchased a 1885 MS 65 Morgan Silver the Binion Collection from E-Bay. The Slab the coin is in has scratches (not deep) all over the front and back of the holder. I have heard that Automotive plastic headlight restorer (that you can purchase from automotive stores) will take the scratches off. I am aware it must be light abrasive to remove the scratches without causing more damage. My question is, what product does NGC officially recommend? Thanks

• Administrator

NGC does not officially recommend any product to remove scratches from a slab.

We recently lowered the cost of our reholder service to $5 and I would recommend you use that. All reholdered coins are put in our Scratch-Resistant EdgeView holder ( link) so you shouldn't have problems with scratches in the future. For the price I think it is well worth putting the coin in a new and improved holder.

Thank you for your question.

• Administrator

Bartlesvilleok,

The cost to reholder at a show is $10. Please speak to NGC Customer Service at the show or by calling 1-800-NGC-COIN for cut-off times.

Thank you for your question.